"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Monday, March 03, 2008

Around the Blogroll and Elsewhere
Posted by Jill | 6:41 AM
After a weekend spent watching far too many decorating and home improvement programs on HGTV in hi-def, my brain this morning resembles something like oatmeal. So I'm letting others do the talking for now:

The Dangers of An Excess of Cute. Cookie Jill over at Skippy's Place has the story.

PhysioProf sure made ME think. Why is Barack Obama disavowing the word "liberal" instead of taking it back from the fucknuts who turned it into a pejorative?

I may yet stay home on Election Day. You'll never, ever see a Republican talking about putting Democrats in his/her Cabinet. So why is Barack Obama doing exactly that? Melissa asks the right question about this lunatic notion. Someone had better remind him that Republicans put party over country every fucking time. This needs to be nipped in the bud NOW.

Kevin Hayden thinks Hillary Clinton will win both Ohio and Texas tomorrow. (And if Obama keeps up this bullshit about his good Republican friends, she'll deserve to. And I'm going to start getting used to hearing "President McCain" either way.)

ShortWoman has some shorties today. (Heh. "No Country for Old Shorties." Cute.

Jurassicpork has some Faux Noise follies over at his place.

Drifty confirms my "Tipping Point of Evil"® theory: That there is a point at which an American Executive branch becomes so corrupt and so evil that it makes people numb and they just sit back and let them get away with it.

And finally: She's smarter than Diablo Cody. She's funnier than Diablo Cody. She writes better dialogue than Diablo Cody. She's better looking than Diablo Cody. And she can carry a Hello Kitty lunchbox as a handbag and pull it off without looking ridiculous. So would someone please tell me why Diablo Cody is off in LA stroking her Oscar® and Tata is here in New Jersey, toiling away at a college and writing her pearls of delightfulness for free?

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
3 Comments:
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...
thucydides, live from bagdhad

my inner history geek goes out for a little romp.

Blogger Jill said...
Great post, minstrel boy...thanks for linking it up this morning; I missed it today!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Thanks for the linky love, missy!

You're the first thing I read every morning, after I count how many fingers I'm holding up.