"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Monday, March 31, 2008

Even Doug Sisk was never booed like this
Posted by Jill | 6:05 AM
Preznit "I'll Drop Nukes On Iran If I Have To In Order To Show I'm Still Relevant" was the target of boo-birds last night at the Nationals/Braves opener at the new Nationals Park. When you consider how Carlos Delgado was booed for going back into the clubhouse instead of coming out for the National Anthem in the early years of the Iraq War, this is an astounding change of fortunes for this sniveling little man (who looks even smaller and more sniveling in the caverns of a baseball stadium:





As difficult as it is watching Lastings Milledge introduced in a Nationals uniform, it was worth it to see booing this loud. After all, they can't throw half the fans out of the stadium. The announcer tried to put lipstick on this pig by admiring the throw, but there's no getting around it: Americans simply detest this guy. And, Mr. Bush, THAT is going to be your legacy.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
3 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Yeah, that made my entire fucking day! The only troubling thing is that most of those people probably think that what they hate is Bush personally, and not the inevitable consequences of 30 years of right-wing "conservative" Republican rule. This give same-shit different-day right-wing asshole McCain an electoral opening, one which he should--in a normal world, and not one guided by sycophantic corporate shitmonger news-readers instead of real journalists--never have access to.

But none of that interfered with my enjoyment of the booing! "First Fan" my fucking ass! "First Fucking Asshole" is more like it.

It did piss me off that Miller (or maybe it was Morgan) felt the need to say that Bush threw the best ceremonial first pitch "ever". Like he was there to see fucking Taft throw out a first pitch? Give me a fucking break.

Blogger Citizen Carrie said...
I noticed GWB got on and off the mound pretty quickly. I don't know if that was advice from the Secret Service. (If it was, he should have been running a zigzag path to and fro.)

Boos or no boos, all I could see was a man who was not even trying to relate to the American people in any way, shape or form. He could have at least made an effort to look like he cared about us.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
OK, now you've done it. Just for that unsportsman-like behavior the troops are going to have their Iraq tours extended to 18 months.
Care to try for 24?