"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Audacity of Andrew Sullivan
Posted by Jill | 10:20 AM
Some days I hate Andrew Sullivan. I hate him because sometimes he gives me reason not to hate him. Two days ago he reprinted the text of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright's "Audacity to Hope" sermon -- the one that inspired Barack Obama's book. And today, this.

As Barack Obama today gives what may be the most important speech of our generation, one which takes the issues of race and religion and hopefully wrestles them to the ground, it's useful to look beyond the inflammatory sound bites being flogged by the talking heads of the media and see the things about Rev. Wright that kept Barack Obama coming back.

This speech is one of them.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
2 Comments:
Blogger Jayhawk said...
Yeah, me too. I read Sullivan regularly because he makes me think, he challenges me. Same reason I read you. I agree with you somewhat more frequently is all.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Yeah, I'll own up- I've been reading Sully, too. I'm still amazed!