"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Because they can't win any other way
Posted by Jill | 7:12 AM
I guess Katie "Some People Say" Couric wasn't working that night, and that's why this story about the California petition drive to reallocate the state's electoral votes by district ran on her Suck Up To Bush Evening News:





This is what happens when you have an ill-informed electorate. I've done canvassing where I couldn't even get a signature for a candidate's ballot petition because I couldn't convince the person that the signature wasn't a cmmitment to vote for that candidate. Yet here you have people throwing in a petition for a law that if enacted, would essentially put this country's executive branch into the hands of Republicans -- presumably all of them with George Bush's notion of absolute power -- in perpetuity. Do they even know what they're signing?

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share