"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Does anyone actually believe the impeachment of Cheney will go through?
Posted by Jill | 7:17 AM
So much for the crazy aunt in the attic, eh? But before we go dancing in the streets at the impending removal from office of Dick Cheney, let's not underestimate the iron will of Nancy Pelosi and Steny Hoyer -- but only when it comes to political expediency. When it comes to some kind of lame political calculation cooked up by consultants and guaranteed to be wrong, they dig in their heels. If it's about what's right for the country, they crumple like a Yugo.

I've been fighting off getting the viral bronchitis that has levelled half my department at work, so I've had little energy to do much other than go to work, come home, make dinner, clean up, watch Olbermann, and crash. So I haven't really had a chance to dig into this and give it the attention it deserves. So I'm going to kick you over to our friend and colleague jurassicpork, and Group Newsblogger Jesse Wendel, who have.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share