"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The biggest "fuck you" you will see today
Posted by Jill | 8:25 AM
And it has nothing to do with politics -- at least not the war-and-presidency kind:





Miss Platnum is a Romanian singer, and as those of us of Eastern European ancestry can attest, zaftigivity is in our genes. Now, you may be appalled the first time you watch this video. But watch it again, and you'll see two things: First, you'll notice just how awesome this singer looks in that sleeveless purple dress. Then you'll realize how this video puts the concepts of "female" and "appetites" right in your face. And then you understand just how threatening these two concepts are in our culture when taken in tandem.

(via Joy Nash.)

UPDATE: The third time you watch it, you'll notice all the =ahem= SAUSAGES hanging from that tree as she says "I am Romanian....I love to eat...it's in my genes...I can't control." That sequence says it all.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share