"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Sunday, August 12, 2007

A reality check from Demosthenes. Maybe Kos has a big gun, but it's empty. Stop the circle jerk, guys. Wash your hands, O.K.?

Cool. Elegant. Sophisticated. Ruthless. An intellect sharper than Wolverine's claws. Wolcott.

jurassicpork puts a stake in the black heart of Rudy Ghouliani. As a personal note, I'm originally from New York, and I remember how Rudy exacerbated racial tensions in the city during his reign. I remember Abner Louima. I remember Patrick Dorismund. I remember Amadou Diallo. It was an awful time to be poor, black or Hispanic back then. The idiots who are still mesmerized by Rudy's song 'n' dance on 9/11 need to know how lousy this monster was as a mayor, and how horrible he would be sitting in the White House. It isn't just people of color he hates, it's damned near everybody. Hell, he doesn't even like his own kids. I mean, is this a guy you want near nuclear weapons?

A horror story by Fixer about how the war in Iraq is destroying the U.S. Military. Not for nothing folks, but this unending atrocity has gone way beyond however one might stand politically. As citizens of the United States, the idea of our Army slowly and methodically being wiped out should scare the piss outta you. Do we really want to be this vulnerable?

The next 911?

"I talked about this for over an hour at YearlyKos: there are numerous reasons for the lack of blogosphere diversity, but by far the biggest is that blogging takes three things above all:1) the time to be able to read blogs and write even during the day–usually the province of flexible white-collar workers;2) the education necessary to write well; and3) the financial stability and independence to feel confident of keeping one’s job if one’s blogging identity/hobby is discovered–not to mention attend an expensive convention like YearlyKos.” Maybe I'm wrong, but I am sure there a more than a few working class heroes behind the keyboards out there in Blogtopia. This elitist, patronizing, simple-minded bullshit is like listening to a guy who only goes to rock concerts wondering where are all the musicians of color are. If you ask me, a person who lives in a rainbow-free house shouldn't throw white stones. Thankfully, The Field Negro eloquently responds to this idiocy.

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share