"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Friday, August 10, 2007

Meet Your Guestbloggers
Posted by Jill | 7:04 AM
The bags are packed, the housesitter is lined up, and there's nothing left to do but get through a day at work with a ton to do and fight the anxiety about the verbal beating I'm likely to receive when I come back for not having progressed enough on my project. I don't know how much if any time I'll have to post tomorrow, so let me introduce our intrepid team of brilliant guestbloggers:

Bob is the proprietor of The Rix Mix, a blog of New Jersey ephemera.

Derek is an old friend from my Cinemarati days, who with the demise of that venerable organization, has started blogging at Cheek and Bluster to fill his empty days and give him the courage to go on living.

D.R. Scott covers the cultural beat and whatever else seems appropriate at D.R. Scott's Pulp Culture and at the Independent Bloggers Alliance.

jurassicpork is an author and truthseeker who blogs at Welcome to Pottersville. JP has kept readers abreast of all that stuff that's been sitting behind Times Select.

Melina is a whirlwind of peripatetic energy whose current projects are too many to list here. She blogs about politics, media, Air America Radio, and parrots at RIPCoco. (Now with added chicken!)

Renee in Ohio is the founder of the Independent Bloggers Alliance, formed in response to the Big Boiz' Blogroll Amnesty Day. She blogs just about everywhere, as you can see here.

Tata is a truly unique (and truly hilarious) voice from NJ who blogs on the absurdities of her own life, with occasional politics and cats, at Poor Impulse Control.

TRex, who blogs at the mighty Firedoglake, describes himself as "a 60ft. Theropod from the late Jurassic era. He likes volcanoes, Thai food, and has a burning crush on retired NBA star John Amaechi."

Now play nice, kids, have fun, and don't trash the house while I'm gone. The housesitter has been instructed to report to me any wild parties that take place. It's five bucks for fifteen minutes of internet time, which isn't prohibitive. So I'll know if you misbehave.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share