"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Saturday, May 12, 2007

The Daily Knut
Posted by Jill | 8:40 AM
How DO you teach a polar bear cub to swim?

[UPDATE: video deleted because it was mucking around people's browsers. You can view it here.]

The adult polar bear pictured is Knut's father, Lars. I'm told that the footage of the frightened cub is Lars in his youth to illustrate how it is not unusual for cubs to be somewhat afraid to swim at first.

Whenever I'm tempted to think that Thomas Doerflein has the coolest job in the known universe, I remind myself that we never see Knut poop in these videos, nor are the videos in smell-o-vision.

UPDATE: Oh. My. God. This is "Peace", who was hand-raised in Japan's Tobe Zoo in 1999. You have been warned, though -- Japan is where they have elevated Cute to an art form:



Labels:

Bookmark and Share