"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Around the blogroll and elsewhere
Posted by Jill | 6:46 AM
Because it's a really nice morning and I need to get some oxygen into my lungs, I'm going for a walk and encourage you to do the same. And if you don't feel like it, why not visit some of these interesting people:

Stephen on fundamentalism vs. science.

Pierre Tristram remembers Kent State.

Joshua on The Many Faces of Terror.

ShakesSis on Maggie Gyllenhaal's contribution to the Decline of Western Civilization by daring to show that breasts are for something other than titillating men.

Pam on Bush's towel-snap at the Queen of England, which makes me wish that British royalty still had the power to declare war because of personal slights. Obviously his mama never taught him any manners. We knew he he had issues with his father, but does he have to work out his mother issues on the world stage TOO?

Digby on what George Tenet's book tells us about Bush in the summer of 2001. I don't know about you, but in recent days I've seen a lot more blog comments around from people willing to believe that yes, this Administration IS capable of knowing a massive terrorist attack is about to happen and allowing it to play out for its own political advantage.

Steve Benen on how the White House is dealing with dissent in the ranks by closing ranks.

Larisa Alexandrovna has one of the best blog entry titles ever.

Cernig on how now our enemy IS our friend.

CE Petro has her own blog roundup, which makes me think we should start a blog roundup chain and see how long it takes to make an infinite loop.

And ModFab's theatre roundup documents the atrocities of the upcoming theatre season.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share