"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Sunday, May 06, 2007

Around the blogosphere and elsewhere
Posted by Jill | 6:59 AM
Before taking your tour around Outer Blogtopia (® Skippy), go have a laugh at Paul Wolfowitz blaming "unclear rules" at the World Bank for the furor over him giving huge pay increases to a woman he's fucking. I don't know about you, but in the reality-based community I live in (as opposed to Neocon Delusionland), special treatment for your paramour is usually frowned upon.

Fallenmonk appears to be having the same musings I am over whether the combination of mad cow disease, E coli, and melamine is enough to tip me over into vegetarianism. I'm not sure, however, that this recipe, as tasty as it sounds once you get past the tofu, is enough to do that.

SpinDentist thinks Captain Codpiece has a few rungs yet to drop on the Ladder of Iniquity. I'm not sure I agree, given that his current 28% constitutes those members of the Christofascist Zombie Brigade that are his most loyal and ferocious minions.

If I won the lottery, I'd give some money to ShakesSis to open the Surgetastic Surginating Surge Saloon.

So much for racism no longer being an issue. Pam reports that fresh on the heels of Barack Obama's unprecedented early Secret Service protection comes news that CBS has had to shut down comments on stories about Obama because of they have been attracting racist comments.

Please join me in sending felicitations and kvelling naches to Tata, who is going to be a GRANDMAMA!! If you know Tata, you know just how cranium-exploding this notion is. Would that we all had grandmothers this cool.

And in other baby news, Jackson the Miracle Baby (#20 on our Brilliant of 2006 List) is a month and a week shy of his first birthday. It's not too early to start thinking about presents.

ModFab predicts the Tony Awards, Musicals Edition.

For those of you without Times Select, Jurassicpork has today's Frank Rich column.

How the heck did I miss this story? CE Petro on the theft of a hard drive (I'm sure this is a flash stick) containing personal, payroll, and bank information of 100,000 current and former TSA workers.

The Blogging Curmudgeon thinks that with Captain Codpiece hovering close to the political Mendoza Line, the cornered animal factor will kick in and now bombing Iran is inevitable. I'm afraid I agree

I don't know about you, but at this point I need ever increasing doses of Teh Cute. Videos at Knut's blog usually do it for me.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share