"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Friday, January 05, 2007

Blogwhoring in our time
Posted by Jill | 9:09 PM
Much to my shock and surprise, it seems that this here little bloggie is among the nominees at Blue Jersey for the Best New Jersey Blog of 2006. Shock and surprise because I am usually treated like the deformed stepchild you force to live in the barn over at Blue Jersey, largely because of my failure to fall into lockstep with the World's Most Awful Democratic Congressional Candidate, Paul Aronsohn, in the recent 5th District election, and my alliance with his primary opponent.

So it's especially gratifying that the Blue Jersey folks were able to look past my political heresy and place this blog along such luminaries as Jay Lassiter and Bob Rixon. Jay seems to be campaigning particularly hard for this award, making scurrilous, deranged and deluded accusations about me in the public comments at Blue Jersey, muttering dire and false things about dalliances with his significant other and appearances at Mary J. Blige concerts -- which given that I've never actually MET Jay OR his partner (though I do take responsibility for getting him in touch with Nathaniel), and I wouldn't be caught dead at a Mary J. Blige concert, make me so concerned about the poor boy's sanity that I may have to force him to shlep up to North Jersey to attend a CAJA Institute blogger panel later on this spring. What Jay doesn't realize is that when you're 51 years old, happily married, and if you go here to create yourself as a South Park character -- it really does look like you -- being called one of "notorious and shameless hussies" is actually kind of flattering.

So go check it out, take a gander at the blogs, and then vote for me. Just don't tell Jay. He's impossible when he goes into a snit.
Bookmark and Share