"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Monday, November 13, 2006

In search of a good image
Should women or men do what's necessary to look "better"?
This a response to a question posted by Bithch Ph.D:

Am I a horrible, awful, bad person if I have "something" done about the emerging age spots?



Short answer: no.

I used scary quotes in the title because we all have strange, often societal ideas about what "better" is, but that's nothing I want to get into.

Most women I've known have done some or all of the following:
Plucked their eyebrows.
Colored their eyebrows.
Used eye liner.
Worn contact lenses.
Used mascara.
Curled their eyelashes.
Worn false eyelashes.
Used pancake makeup.
Worn wigs.
Colored their hair.
Styled their hair.
Permed their hair.
Had their hair relaxed or straightened.
Shaved or plucked their underarms.
Shaved or used depilatories on their legs
Colored their toenails.
Colored their fingernails.
Worn silk fingernails.
Dieted unmercifully.
Worn braces on their teeth.
Tanned or bleached their skin.
Used handcream.
Worn night masks.
Used astringents.
Pumiced their feet.
Worn thong underware.
Worn high heels.
Worn perfume.

The list goes on forever, but you get the idea.

After all that uncomfortable treatment and time spent to look "better", what is a little plastic surgury, skin peel or lazer treatment? I say, if it makes you think you look better or feel better about yourself, go for it. Its your body.
Bookmark and Share