"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, October 05, 2006

Quote of the Day: Clean-Slate Christianity in action
Posted by Jill | 7:11 AM
When you know that Jesus got nailed to a cross and suffered the way he did SO THAT YOU WOULD NEVER, EVER HAVE TO BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR YOUR SINS, life is easy.

Exhibit A is House Majority Leader John Boehner, who gives us today's Quote of the Day:

". . . What else do you want me to do? Take off my shirt and give myself forty lashes?" he asked. "Would've, could've, should've."


By that logic, we might as well save a ton of federal and local tax dollars and completely dismantle the criminal justice system. Because after all, once the damage is done, holding people to account is just "Would've, could've, should've."

Unless, of course, they're Democrats, abortion doctors, women with unplanned pregmancies, swarthy men carrying copies of the Koran, or black males who just happen to be walking around.
Bookmark and Share