"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Phoenix Rising
Posted by Jill | 2:28 PM

The phoenix being Marc Maron. I won't believe it until I hear Sammy the Stem Cell and the Milfingtons and Lawton Smalls on the air, even if it's via podcast, but this sounds awfully promising:

Season Greetings Geniuses, Philosopher Kings and Queens, Working Class Heroes, Progressive Utopians with no sense of humor and of course you lurking Conservatives,

The dream is over. What can I say?

I’m back in LA with two of my three feral cats trying to integrate with the two cats I have here. It’s live Animal Planet every day in my house. I assume that they’ll eventually get the hang of each or kill each other off. I will try to step in if it looks like nature is taking the latter course.

Thank you all for all your support over the last 22 months or a part of that (if you have no idea what I’m talking about because you never knew I hosted “Morning Sedition” on Air America Radio, then hold out because there will be info for you as well).

Here’s what happening in the next month or so:

• I’m going to get to know my wife
• I’m going to buy a car. (I promise I will do the right thing here)
• I’m going to update my web site. (Give me a break. I’ve been doing morning radio for the last year and half. I have had time for nothing.)
• If all goes as planned I will have a new show on in the evenings here in LA on KTLK 1150 with Jim Earl and Brendan McDonald by the end of the month. The show will include the work of Kent Jones, Mike Ferucci and Bruce Cherry. There will be new contributors from the talent pool out here and as you know that is an Olympic size pool. We will be providing some separate content for Air America Mornings in NYC and for the web site. We will also be air some time on the weekends in New York.
• I promise to podcast.
• I will be updating you as to the progress on the new show as will as live shows wherever they may be as well as TV appearances,
• My new CD comes out soon. I’ll let you know about that.
• When the site is re-built I’ll put some kind of blog up there. That will make it easier.

IF ANYONE HAS AN IDEA FOR A SHOW TITLE, SEND IT TO MARC@MARCMARON.COM

This has been a horrendous few months for me. I am emotionally drained and furious about what went down at Air America. Hopefully, I’ll be back on the airwaves soon. Again, thanks to all of you. There was no way the show would have been as great as it was if I didn’t know you all were out there digging it.

Maron

P.S. If all this is meaningless to you and you never listened to the show I’ll turn you on to the new show and we’ll move ahead from there.


If it IS meaningless to you, I'll post the info on the new show when and if it happens. You'll recognize me. I'll be the one doing the happy snark dance in the corner.
Bookmark and Share