"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Monday, December 19, 2005

Bert Prelutsky keeps digging
Posted by Jill | 1:22 PM

Remember our friend Bert Prelutsky? The guy who gave a name to the perpetrators of the so-called War on Christmas, in essense blaming his own team?

Well, sort of like Dalton Conley trying to "clarify" his position on letting men decide whether women they impregnated should be forced to carry to term if said men want the babies, old Bertie is digging himself deeper by the minute:

As I have written on other occasions, I am not a religious man. I do not keep kosher. I do not help make up the morning minyan at the local synagogue. I do not even attend High Holiday services. So what? I’m Jewish because I say I’m Jewish. And because, quite frankly, with my face, who would believe me if I bothered to deny it? Furthermore, most Jews in America are not orthodox and can not read Hebrew or even speak Yiddish. For the most part, American Jews are circumcised, have a bar mitzvah, attend a reformed or conservative temple twice a year, and vote the straight Democratic ticket.

Also, I say I’m Jewish because I don’t wish to offend the memory of my parents by denying their religion and the religion of their parents.

Finally, I say I’m Jewish because Hitler would have said I was Jewish, and then sent me off to Auschwitz, if I hadn’t been fortunate enough to have been born in America.

That was my whole point. I was lucky to have been born to a Jewish family in a Christian nation. It was, in the main, Christian soldiers who liberated the Nazi death camps. Even if I’m not as Jewish as some of my critics would like, I still believe it behooves us to be openly grateful to our Christian neighbors -- not because we fear future pogroms -- but because it’s the decent thing to do.


What Bertie doesn't realize is that there are plenty of people right here in the good old Yew Ess of Ay (I'm talking to YOU, Mr. O'Reilly) who would be perfectly happy to see a Hitler-style "final solution" here if it meant better ratings. As for it "behoving us to be openly grateful to our Christian neighbors", well, Mr. P., you are out of your fucking mind. Polite, yes. Respectful, yes. I'm perfectly happy to wish everyone a merry Christmas, including, and indeed ESPECIALLY, the people in my town with the "Keep Christ in Christmas" signs on their front lawns (except the one who partners that sign with a giant inflatable Homer Simpson in a Santa suit carrying a box that says "D'oh-nuts" I missed the part where they decided that nothing says Christmas like an idiotic cartoon character in a Santa suit.).

And in fact, I don't know ANYONE -- Jew or pagan, who is participating in any kind of "War on Christmas", though it's not that I haven't tried. After all, people who believe there is such a thing deserve royally to have their heads fucked with thoroughly.

But back to Bertie. I guess by his measure, it behooves black people to "be openly grateful to their white neighbors" -- particularly in the north -- not because they fear a return to slavery, but because it's the decent thing to do.

Note he doesn't refer to respect or politeness, he refers to gratitide, as if we were all Kevin Bacon in Animal House saying "Thank you sir, may I have another" while Neidermeyer (or is it Marmalard) whacks us on the butt with a paddle.

Guess what, Bertie....you can butt-kiss these Christofascist zombies all you want to, and you will never be anything more than a dirty kike to them. Remember....your conversion or flaming agonizing death is required for them to sit at the right hand o'Jesus.

Travis at Wirecan has more.
Bookmark and Share