"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, November 24, 2005

What I'm thankful for today
Posted by Jill | 6:09 PM


  • I'm thankful that I'm married to a great guy and that after 19 years, we're still best friends.
  • I'm thankful that I'm still healthy and come from long-lived stock.
  • I'm thankful to be employed (and that Mr. Brilliant is too)
  • I'm thankful we bought our house in 1996.
  • I'm thankful we had siding, windows, and the roof done last year before the price of building materials went up.
  • I'm thankful that the Bacari Grill dishes up a nice spread on Thanksgiving so the two of us can go out for a nice dinner, then come home and have no dishes to wash.
  • I'm thankful that I love to write and I'm reasonably good at it.
  • I'm thankful that the mainstream media are finally waking up to what the Bush Administration is doing to this country.
  • I'm thankful that Paul Hackett has decided to pursue office in Ohio again.
  • I'm thankful for Cindy Sheehan's courage.
  • I'm thankful to have had 18 months of waking up every morning to Morning Sedition, and just wish I could look forward to more.
  • I'm thankful that I'm on speaking terms with everyone in my family.
Bookmark and Share