"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Friday, August 26, 2005

It's easy to talk when your own kin are still alive
Posted by Jill | 7:57 AM

George W. Bush has begun trotting out Tammy Pruett of Pocatello, Idaho as the poster child for the good, 'murican, kool-aid drinking military mom. Pruett's husband and one son have just returned from Iraq, and four other sons are still there. "It's right there in my heart how proud my boys are to be there," Tammy Pruett told ABC News. "They signed the line to serve their country and our commander in chief."

Of course, Pruett hasn't had any of her sons come home in a box yet.

In Tennessee, however, the father of Sgt. Victoir P. Lieurance has realized that when it's your family's blood being spilled, the equation changes:

Both his parents said their son's death makes their once-wavering opinions about the war in Iraq much more clear.

Andre Lieurance referred to Cindy Sheehan, the California mother of a slain soldier, who recently camped out in front of President Bush's ranch in Crawford, Texas, in opposition to the war.

"She didn't speak for me. Now she does," the father told The Knoxville News Sentinel on Tuesday. "I'm with her. I believe we were lied to. (My son) did what he was supposed to. Bush didn't."


Somehow I don't think Bush is going to be trotting Andre Lieurance out any time soon.
Bookmark and Share