"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, August 25, 2005

Things Michelle Malkin could not possibly know
Posted by Jill | 10:34 AM

...about Casey Sheehan. But his mother wants us to know:

Casey was not always a brave, big soldier man. He was my sweet, sweet baby once. I told the people at the Camp named after him, that when he was about 2 years old, he would come up behind me and throw his arms around my legs, kiss me on the butt and say: "I wuv you mama." I also talked about the loving big brother and wonderful, nearly perfect son. Casey was a regular guy who wanted to get married, have a family, be an elementary school teacher, and a Deacon in the Catholic Church. He wanted to be a Chaplain's assistant in the Army, but was lied to about that also by his recruiter. The last time I talked to him when he called from Kuwait, he was on his way to mass.

For Casey to even join the Army, let alone being killed in battle was the thing that was most uncharacteristic of him. He was a gentle and kind soul who only wanted to help others.


And so are most of the young women and men George W. Bush sent to fight in Iraq. And that's why Cindy Sheehan is back in Crawford...because she wants the truth. Because the truth, once uttered, will reveal the lies.

NO kid's altruism, NO family's need to trust its government should be exploited by sending young Americans to die in an unnecessary war that was entered into on lies and deceit. Bush can't meet with Cindy Sheehan to tell her what the noble cause is, because Cindy Sheehan has by this point developed a finely tuned horseshit detector, and horseshit is all he has to offer. That and creating more company for the misery of those families who have been torn asunder by deaths for lies.
Bookmark and Share