"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Saturday, March 19, 2005

More Catholic Hypocrisy
Posted by Jill | 8:12 AM

Some days I think I should just close up shop here with a final post that reads: "Oh, the hell with it. Just go to Americablog."

But intead, I'm thinking of closing up shop here and moving to Powerblogs, because I woke up this morning and found FOURTEEN FRICKIN' COPIES OF MY POST ABOUT TERRI SCHAIVO. For someone who wasn't going to blog on Terri Schaivo, I sure posted a lot about her, didn't I? That's what I get for believing Blogger when it says it can't publish the blog entry.

Anyway, back to "Oh, the hell with it, just go to Americablog." Well, go to Americablog anyway, because John Aravosis, one of the last investigative journalists in America, has some lovely stuff about the very same church that allowed a Bishop to deny funeral rites to a man who owned gay bars:

Hateful bigoted Catholic leaders refuse funeral to gay man because he ran two gay bars

San Diego reacts to Catholic Church banning funeral of gay man

San Diego Bishop who refused funeral for gay man settled high-priced sex suit


San Diego Catholic diocese smears dead gay man

Catholic Church gave convicted priest-pedophile full funeral after raping 150 kids

...and this wonderful reminder to Bishop Bron, who seems to be so blinded by hate that he's forgotten what his own scripture says:

Dear Bishop Brom of San Diego

Now, this is an institution whose leader, a.k.a. the "pope", has had his every fart documented meticulously, in hushed tones of reverence, by the media for the last two months. I am so sick of people using religion to excuse their own failures, their own hatred, their own inability to control themselves, I could just scream.

It's high time we tore ALL of these holier-than-thou institutions down, I say. Turn your back on organized religion. Worship trees, worship the moon, worship yourself, or if you want to be REALLY subversive, take Jesus back from the hypocrites and deviants who stole him from you and have turned him into a hatemongering corporatist.
Bookmark and Share