"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Monday, March 14, 2005

Cracking down on bloggers
Posted by Jill | 7:05 AM

Light blogging today; real life calls.

But via Waveflux comes this chilling reminder of just how threatened the power structure is by the freewheeling world of bloggers.

Fortunately for me, I'm so disgusted by everyone that the Democrats might put up for the Presidency in 2008, I'm unlikely to link to any of them. However, what this DOES mean is that I won't be able to blog on whoever runs against the man I designated as "New Jersey's Official Vegetable" when polled by Quinnipiac last week, Scott Garrett, otherwise known as the representative from New Jersey's Fifth District.

The whole thing is ridiculous; the notion that linking to a candidate's Web site constitutes a campaign contribution. By that logic, so does a bumper sticker or a button -- and nobody's talking about putting a monetary value on that.

Yes, we're in Bushworld, where a link to a Web site is a campaign contribution, but huge corporate donations are "free speech."

The whole thing is designed to mitigate the power of blogs, especially at a time when the mainstream media has shown its determination to keep Republicans in power in perpetuity.
Bookmark and Share