"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Sunday, December 12, 2004

Yeah, and God talks to this guy too
Posted by Jill | 6:54 AM

I know I hammer relentlessly at stories of people who do awful things "because God told me to". But we are saddled with a President who went to war because "God told me to strike at al-Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did...". So I think it's worth noting, despite the claims of certain fundamentalist Christian leaders in this country that Bush is somehow anointed by God, that when you have the confluence of "God wants me to do this" and a whole bunch of people getting killed (see also: Osama Bin Laden, September 11), usually there's an unbalanced mind at work, rather than someone with a direct pipeline to the Almighty.

So in the spirit of reminding people of the kinds of things God seems to tell people to do, here's another one:

A college student who admitted he fatally shot his parents in their bedroom and broke a chain saw cutting up their bodies told investigators: "God told me to."

Philip Badowski made the comment in a recorded interview with police following the Dec. 2 slayings of Cester "Chet" Badowski Jr., 47, and Christine Badowski, 46. Prosecutors played the recording at Badowski's preliminary hearing Friday.


The above appeared in the Bergen Record today, but here are some related links:

WTVC News Channel 9

MSNBC

I'll refrain from commenting on...oh, hell, why should I?...on the fact that this crime took place in Tennessee, which is one of those red-state, heartland-values, God-fearing states that Republicans regard as "The Real America", unlike us heathens here in the Northeast.
Bookmark and Share