"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, December 16, 2004

I swear I have never met any of these people
Posted by Jill | 1:12 PM

It seems bloggers are dropping like flies from what sounds like the same nasty bug I've been down with for nearly two weeks:

John in DC: Americablog:

Someone. Euthanize me. Now.

I gave up on trying to sleep. Is something going around, cuz man it hit me hard right around bedtime. Ugh. This means I'll either be blogging a lot Thursday out of boredom, or I'll be in bed all day begging for someone to smother me. I'll let you know which.


Kos:

I'm feeling a bit under the weather. Sore throat, achy joints, congestion, etc. So I'm resting and overdosing on fluids and vitamin C trying to head this thing off before it becomes a full-fledged illness.


Waveflux:

I came home early today with a soul-destroying cold. It came on all of a sudden last night; this morning my throat felt like three miles of bad gravel road. You know how it is.

So apologies for the dearth of posts. I expect to be home tomorrow. I know I owe some of you an Amazing Race piece, and I'll get on it if this shuddery feeling I have doesn't turn into a fever. Man, I hate being sick this time of year. I gotta go find the damn thermometer now.


It's a goddamn conspiracy, I tell ya...

UPDATE: Maron has been ranting about his cold for two days now, and tonight Sam Seder was coughing like I have for the last two weeks.

I ain't kidding you, folks...something's up. It's Captain Trips, man, cooked up in a lab in Karl Rove's basement apartment at the White House...

ANOTHER UPDATE: Jon Stewart was drinking tea with honey on last night's DAILY SHOW.
Bookmark and Share