"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, December 16, 2004

Do you believe in contraceptive use? Then you are a terrorist
Posted by Jill | 9:57 AM

So sayeth Missouri (sorry, shimes) Republican state Rep. Cynthia Davis, who is working on two new bills for the next session of the Missouri Legislature that will:

1) remove the state's requirement that all forms of contraception and their potential health effects be taught in schools, leaving the focus on abstinence

2) require publishers that sell biology textbooks to Missouri to include at least one chapter on alternative theories to evolution. (I myself hope they include the "The Universe Was Created by a Brobdingnagian Child Using Play-Doh" theory.)

More of the wisdom of Ms. Davis, who also runs a Christian bookstore:

"These are common-sense, grass-roots ideas from the people I represent, and I'd be very surprised if a majority of legislators didn't feel they were the right solutions to these problems."

"It's like when the hijackers took over those four planes on Sept. 11 and took people to a place where they didn't want to go," she added. "I think a lot of people feel that liberals have taken our country somewhere we don't want to go. I think a lot more people realize this is our country and we're going to take it back."


By force, if necessary, eh, Ms. Davis? So what's it going to be? Concentration camps and gas chambers for nonbelievers? Or do you just prefer the simplicity of burning heretics and witches at the stake?
Bookmark and Share