"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, November 18, 2010

Around the Blogroll and Elsewhere: Is it Friday yet? Now? How about now?
Posted by Jill | 7:29 PM
Sure, I've had a killer week and I'm kind of raw around the edges. But this just made me bawl my eyes out.

Here is what the health insurance industry does to you if you dare to cross them (this on a night when I received a letter from our company inquiring about whether we have other coverage -- which we don't).

Note to Michael Tedesco: I just want to remind you: Bush v. Gore debates, 2000.

Bustednuckles has been royally screwed over by Verizon. Toss him a few bucks, willya?

On a related note, our own jurassicpork got fucked over by the Republicans today. Toss him some too.

And Lisa Golden is corresponding with her Senators about unemployment insurance.


I'm not the only one
haunted by the image of Sgt. Salvatore Giunta on 60 Minutes last week.

Badtux explains it all for you.

I hate to disagree with Violet Socks, but my first thought was "Cheap bastard wouldn't even buy her a ring" and my second was "Oh, swell...this poor girl is going to be compared for the rest of her life to the most sainted mother ghost in recorded history."

The New York Crank finds a cautionary tale in Madagascar.

ShortWoman was traveling recently and didn't get to experience the fun of the grope-o-rama at our nation's airports. Larry Craig must be happier than a pig in shit at all this.
Bookmark and Share
5 Comments:
Blogger lisahgolden said...
Thanks for the link, Jill. For now it looks like unemployment insurance extensions will be a political football.

Anonymous Michael Tedesco said...
Oh, I have not forgotten I just think that Palin is unelectable. She will get eaten up by the GOP before she ever makes it to November.

Blogger Phil said...
You are such a sweetie! Thanks for the link honey!

Blogger The New York Crank said...
I'm just writing to express my cranky appreciation for the link to my Madagascar whatever-it-was.

I keep thinking that if O'B did face a military coup, he'd invite the gunmen into the White House and offer them two thirds of the United States and what's left of the U.S. Treasury as an opening gambit.

But that's what I'm thinking. I'm not saying it.

Yours very crankily,
The New York Crank

Blogger jurassicpork said...
Jill, the link for Busted Knuckles just takes me to a dead Paypal page.