"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, March 05, 2009

Do you think they'll do anything other than stonewall? I don't
Posted by Jill | 6:40 AM
I realize the news that Karl Rove and Harriet Miers are going to testify about the Bush Administration's politicized firing of U.S. attorneys unwilling to trump up charges of "voter fraud" is supposed to be a Very Big Deal, especially when both have been allowed to ignore Congressional subpoenas with absolutely no fear of consequences in the past. But you'll have to forgive me if my response to this is a very big yawn, because I suspect that this Momentous Event™ is going to insist of a lot of stonewalling and/or outright lying on the part of Rove and Miers and an equal amount of gasbaggery from members of the House Judiciary Committee.

Here's why I think it's all so much grandstanding:
Lawmakers will not ask Rove or Miers about privileged conversations they had with members of the Bush White House legal team, and they will not be able to see "four pages of particularly sensitive privileged material" to be described by a Bush representative, the agreement said.


So forgive me if I don't jump up and down and scream "Justice DOES triumph!" at all this. Because until Karl Rove is led off to jail, it's all bullshit.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
4 Comments:
Blogger prin said...
plus they are going to just get up there and lie like the dogs they are...

Blogger Unknown said...
>...it's all bullshit.

Finally we agree. It's all political theater, nothing more.

Blogger Lisa said...
Yep, my feelings exactly. BFD anymore. Under oath? What does that mean to these people? Nothing. No one faces any damn consequence of their actions.

A big "whatever" from me.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
It will be the Gonzo defense: "I don't, can't, will not recall Senator< whoever."