"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Saturday, September 06, 2008

The Republican National Convention in Under One Minute!
Posted by Melina | 1:59 PM
Here on the new gold coast of the new south, as we await our tropical storm/hurricane friend, Hannah, we watch sports...lots of it...too much, too many...! The Olympics was big with a certain 98 year old able to recite most of the times and records of the best point milliseconds of the best, and now tennis is huge, as its always been here, with a certain hypnotic back and forth sameness to it all until I'm commenting on the uniforms and love lives of the players. Here's the thing, I don't like popular TV sports, and I'm not even one for much TV these days, besides my MSNBC...the power is off and I'm trapped on the eighth floor, not because I wouldn't run down the stairs and into the street any moment, but so as to be ready to carry a certain person down in case of emergency...When the power comes back there is always more tennis (and save the half naked Nadal on the alternative cover of New York Magazine, I have very little interest at all...)

So, by the time the repug convention rolled around this week, I was finished with not only this scene, but with any organized TV/video event beyond Seder V. Maron! So, a big hat tip to Chubby Bubba over on Sam Seder's blog for posting this, and also many other amusing images today!



I coulda guessed all of this, but its good to know in under 1 minute!

c/p RIPCoco

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
1 Comments:
Blogger VidCrayzee said...
Ronald Reagan summarizes the entire Republican Convention, almost as quickly, as only the Great Communicator can. Check it out at, http://beema.wordpress.com/2008/09/05/beema-news/.