"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Blogrolling In Our Time
Posted by Jill | 10:03 PM
I'm really thinking it's time to look at the blogroll again. No, I'm not going to do some kind of blogroll amnesty day, but there are some blogs on the list that look to be abandoned, whose authors appear to have gone on to live meaningful lives not spent in front of the computer, and good for them. So if you find over the next couple of weeks that you used to be on the blogroll and no longer are, e-mail me and let me know you're still alive.

Meanwhile, I've added some new blogs today. I added some Bergen County blogs in the New Jersey section, because New Jersey politics and such are so colorful and so utterly rotten that those who chronicle the absurdity of life in the Garden State deserve more exposure. I also moved Blanton & Ashton's to the main blogroll because DBK apparently wanted so badly to vote for Al Franken that he packed up Mrs. DBK and moved to Minnesota.

Also on the main blogroll are PoliTits, whom I could have sworn I added before but apparently didn't, and Fran I Am, whom I would guess came over here from Dcap's place or Batocchio's hideaway. Fran writes a lot about religion -- that thing that George Carlin called "the biggest bullshit story ever told" and "the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims." I'm not by definition opposed to religion; I guess I figure that whatever you need to get yourself through this God-forsaken level of reality is OK, as long as you recognize that it's yours. But Fran is different, because anyone who gives her posts labels like "Jesus I'm Sick Of These People" and "Catholischa mishagas" deserves to be blogrolled.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Thanks for adding me to your blogroll, Jill!

I just linked to your story about the media pass given to McCain this afternoon. That post needs to be viral!

Blogger Bob said...
I might be a Fran I Am connection. I connected with her through StreetProphets which is where I do 90% of my religion commentary & where I signed up to send 10 holiday cards & received about 30 in return.

Blogger Batocchio said...
I especially appreciate Fran to read a religious liberal smacking down religious phonies and blowhards, tartuffes. Good pick! And DCup aussi, mais bien sur...

Blogger Fran said...
Howdy- finally I show my face. For some reason I have a hard time getting your blog pages to load, so I read to my heart's content in my reader, but commenting is another story.

Go figure.

You are all very kind but I am just another lost person on the path. Just one that hates hypocrisy, especially when I am the purveyor of it.

Bob is a cool guy and let me tell you, he is so right about the whole holiday card exchange at SP. I got so many!!

Dcap is the one who most influenced me to read your great pages, but I do love me some Dcup and Batocchio.

And now Brilliant at Breakfast!