"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saturday Night Music Blogging
Posted by Jill | 7:34 PM
Jorma Kaukonen just played this on A Prairie Home Companion and I remembered again just how much I adore Embryonic Journey:



Labels:

Bookmark and Share
1 Comments:
Blogger Cirze said...
Thanks, Jill!

Very nice respite on a busy day.

When he and Jack Casady were at Elon University in the spring of 2002 for a performance (I was there that year teaching Business courses), they made a stop at a music class in the afternoon preceding their show. I was there because one of my students, knowing my musical tastes(?), dragged me over to the classroom (much to my humble thanks).

Starry-eyed, I asked Jorma to perform "Embryonic Journey" for us, and, of course, he did - several times in fact!!!

I thought it was just too cool then, and still, waaaaaaaaaayyy cooooool now!

Thanks again,

Suzan
"Hot Tuna" afficionado

Welcome to Pottersville