"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Sunday, November 06, 2011

Blogrolling In Our Time
Posted by Jill | 12:54 PM
There are a number of reasons why I like to link to my blogroll every now and then. Some of it is sheer laziness, though clicking through and reading often takes more time than writing an actual post. Some of it is killing two birds with one stone -- linking while reading. Part of it is my ongoing participation in the tribute to the late, great Jon Swift, who would blogroll anyone who asked. I'm not quite as nice as he was, but that point brings us to reason #2, which is that linking to other blogs tends to bring in THEIR readers, and this brings in their blogrolls, and so on. Most of the bloggers I've linked to lately either have come in from Paul Krugman's comment section, or else, as today's new entry does, over the transom from a link post. So say hello to The Polygon, whom we just encountered today.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
2 Comments:
Blogger D. said...
Yup. In fact, I've found a fair number of blogs for my own blogroll on your blogroll, for which, thanks.

(Now if only my essay-writing mojo could be revived!)

Blogger Phil said...
You been sniffing around my Blog roll again?
LOL,
I just put her on mine last week.
I like her attitude.

Hugz...