"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Friday, August 26, 2011

Eine Kleine Nachtmusik - Music to wait for oak trees to fall by
Posted by Jill | 6:09 PM
This is a little premature, but I wanted to be the first (and this version is GREAT):



And more eye-rollingly obvious storm songs:



OK, so it's the wrong day of the week:




And yeah, this is kind of a stretch:


Here at Casa La Brilliant, we've done about all we can do. My biggest fear is of our huge old oak trees falling. We pay an arborist a ton of money every year to keep an eye on the trees, but with this saturated soil and up to a foot of rain coming, who knows? Stay tuned.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
2 Comments:
Blogger Arthur Mervyn said...
Yes, Dylan was kind of a stretch. A better choice would have been his "Down In The Flood" or, even better yet, the Rolling Stones' "Gimme Shelter":

Oh, a storm is threat'ning
My very life today
If I don't get some shelter
Oh yeah, I'm gonna fade away

Hope you make it through the storm okay!

Blogger Nan said...
No CCR and "Who'll Stop the Rain"?