"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Friday, August 19, 2011

Around the blogroll and elsewhere: Fox, henhouse, etc.
Posted by Jill | 5:48 AM
If you read one thing today, makie it Matt Taibbi's blistering expos&eactue; on how the SEC has been covering up Wall Street crimes for over a decade.

Al Franken hasn't forgotten where he came from.

Can Bustednuckles remain the Ornery Bastard we all know and love after he's quit smoking and drinking and made an honest woman of Nasty Girl? Inquiring minds want to know.

Driftglass takes a stroll down memory lane and reveals the true origins of the Tea Party.

In The Book of Mormon, Andrew Rannells as a Mormon missionary in a crisis of faith sings of believing that God's plan includes him getting his own planet. Ebay co-founder Peter Thiel doesn't go quite that far; he just wants to found his own libertarian country. And Roy Edroso has some things to say about that.

Digby points out the obvious -- that if you're looking for Democrats to protect the social safety net, guess again.

Evita Mooselini didn't succeed in taking attention away from that other girl that the captain of the high school football team has been eyeing, so she's taken her dollies and dishes and gone home.

OK, now I'm sorry I linked to Politico.

Lynn explains Michele Bachmann.

Arthur Silber on the riots in England.

DCap is making movies again.

I need another life-killing project to put me on 80 hour weeks again so jurassicpork starts posting here again. Meanwhile, he puts it all together over at his place. Don't tune him out just because he "goes there." He's not Alex Jones.

But just because I'm working a normal workweek now doesn't mean I don't have to show up. So it's time for me to get ready to hit the salt mines. Talk to y'all later.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
4 Comments:
Blogger Phil said...
That lasted two of the longest days of my life.

I realized that there could be a serial murderer in my family if I kept it up, Lol.

Once again, thank you so much for reading my drivel and a big hug to you honey.

Wait until Sunday, that's when the old stress meter is going to peg.

You did see that Drifty and Blue Gal tied the knot today?

Blogger jurassicpork said...
Gee, Jill, I thought you stopped reading me because of my offensive post about Pam Geller?

Think that has anything to do with why I haven't been posting here of late?

Blogger Phil said...
Go cut me a switch boy.

Fer fucks sake JP, sometimes you have thin skin.

I enjoy your writing very much, have for years.

Why run away after talking shit?
It's your opinion, own it.

Now do it again.

Busted

Blogger Bartender Cabbie said...
JP certainly does "go there." I almost never agree with him but he is always an interesting read.