"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Friday, April 22, 2011

Wouldn't it easier if we just let them call him the "N" word?
Posted by Jill | 6:39 AM


I'm serious.

Why don't we just call a one-month moratorium on the unacceptability of the "N" word? For one month, it is OK in polite company to use the "N" word to describe the current president of the United States. You don't have to call him "The Kenyan", or talk about him being born in Kenya, or hide behind this birth certificate crap. For one month, wingnuts get to call him the "N" word as loudly and as often as they want.

I can't be sure, but I'd be willing to bet twenty bucks that you wouldn't hear anything about birth certificates, or Kenya, for that matter, for that entire month.

(Tweety video via, and I'm still amazed that I'm able to do this, LGF.)
Bookmark and Share
3 Comments:
Anonymous Charlie O said...
I have firmly believed that most (not all), but certainly most of the Republican resistance to Obama, the birther movement, the Tea Party types, all of them are rooted in the fact that Obama is black or part black, whatever. I was raised by parents from Mississippi. I'm white, so I'm considered part of the 'club.' I'm privy to their comments and jokes. But essentially, it's all about race. They are all pissed that one them "negroes" got hisself elected President.

Anonymous Charlie O said...
for what's it worth, I've given up on this country. I'm tired of Teh Stupid, the insane religious nuts, all of them. I've applied for a job in Ottawa, Canada. I hope something comes of it. I will be outta here!

Blogger Tom Degan said...
Lenny Bruce on the "N" word:

"The suppression of that word gives it the power of violence and viciousness."

He was a smart guy, old Lenny!