"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, March 03, 2011

Around the Blogroll and Elsewhere: Because I Just Can't edition
Posted by Jill | 4:51 AM
Because I got up at 4:30 AM this morning, I'm tired, and my customary prowl around the Intartoobz this morning has me so pissed off already I just can't even speak.

Let's start with Amanda today, as the Republicans start to show their true colors about abortion: that they believe women are just a bunch of dirty sluts.

Driftglass takes on David "No End of Life Care for Geezers" Brooks (who doesn't seem to realize that he is one).

If you haven't checked out Keith Olbermann's new blog, FOK News Channel, you should do it now, and bookmark it. Sure, he's a Big Name and linking to him isn't exactly in the spirit of Blogroll Amnesty Day (or in the case of this blog and many others, Blogroll Amnesty LIFE), but he's a damn good blogger. Start here.

Mike Stark calls Rush Limbaugh again.

As Republicans start feeling safe saying that all women who have sex are whores, and all public school teachers (most of whom are still women) are lazy bitches who shouldn't get paid; as the Republican jihad against women really kicks into gear, Shelby Knox kicks off Women's History Month.

Speaking about Republican jihads against everyone who isn't one of them, here's Digby on Haley Barbour and the resurrection of Ronald Reagan's welfare queen meme.

Ted Frier on the hostile corporate takeover of Wisconsin -- and elsewhere.

And in closing: This segment from The Last Word made me wonder if I'd entered a time warp and gone back in time to 1968, since we once again have Republicans talking about unwashed smelly hippies:



Have as non-shitty a day as you can.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share