"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Friday, February 18, 2011

Real women vs. misogynistic Republican men
Posted by Jill | 10:33 AM
California Rep. Jackie Speier vs. the sanctimonious, woman-hating Chris Smith of New Jersey:



Real women who have undergone abortions need to come forward. These men who would take away women's humanity and turn them into breeding machines who can be cast into the garbage, these men whose first priority is not creating jobs, or repairing our infrastructure, or ensuring that future children have some quality of life, but instead punishing people they believe to be nothing but dirty sluts, need to be called out on this.

Bravo, bravo, bravo to Rep. Speier.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
She has the right name, and she skewered him!

Blogger Unknown said...
>Bravo, bravo, bravo to Rep. Speier.

I suppose it'd be misogynistic of me to point out the proper term is "Brava!"

Anonymous Tata said...
I've had an abortion. One in four American women has or will. That's just the way it is.

By the way, all that talk about "safe, legal and rare" is nonsense. Women should have exactly the number of abortions we need.

You yourselves know this to be the axiom: you're no better than me, just as I'm no better than you. So now that we've established the start of our discourse, lemme just say --- Here’s the low-down, brudda: God is love, yet, God has rules, k? God gives you your whooooole existence to follow those rules. God is immortal, yet, we’re sinfull mortals with a limited intelligence and a finite existence. If we choose to walk AWAY from God, God’ll gently nudge U.S. back in the direction of eternal life through repentance, which I do every month (keeps me humble). However, if we croak in a state of mortal sin - fornication, adultery, greed, pride, murder... and we mortals think nothing of willful sin? The Abyss o’Misery is our destination PRECISELY because you thot nothing of mortal sin. I’d personally die for you in an instant. Betchu didn’t know that. Say we were in a bank, a person walks in with an Uzi saying, “One must die to satisfy.” I’d raise my hand quicker than a flea jumps into nowhere. Yes, I know, the world looks with hatred on the term ’to love’, yet, I’m not OF this world. I’m of the eternal; I have nothing here, I'm nothing, so why not desire the ONE realm where you can be everything?? Heaven?? If you read the story of Maximillion Kolbe, I’d do the exact same thing outta love for you, yet, I don’t even know you, yet, I wanna preserve and cherish life, for I’m a small peAce-de-resistance of a Larger Picture. God bless you.