"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Friday, December 17, 2010

Why we are the way we are
Posted by Jill | 6:12 AM
Because we cut our teeth on TV commercials like this one:



That's one twisted ad. Stan Freberg did some of the most demented TV commercials of the late 1950's and early 1960's. I know this is usually DCap's territory, but I'm treading on it today.

Here's another one:




And more:






We come by our snark naturally.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
3 Comments:
Blogger lisahgolden said...
Those are hilarious! And yes, I tell me kids this a lot when they catch me watching old cartoons and commercials. And Hee Haw. I've rediscovered Hee Haw. "This explains so much."

Anonymous Anonymous said...
... and little bitty giblets- DOYOUHEARMEEE!!!!!


Ohhhh. F*&^in priceless... Thank you for that.

Blogger D. said...
I love Stan Freberg's ads!

(Trying to get my /s/n/a/r/k/ groove back!)