"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Saturday, December 04, 2010

Things that make me glad I have cats
Posted by Jill | 9:15 PM
Tbogg's most recent Thursday Night Basset Blogging.

(This is not to say that cats are incapable of getting into some pretty serious mischief. I remember Oliver once walking around with 14 inches of yarn hanging out his ass and I had to keep cutting it till it had all been expunged. But I have never had to have the vet retrieve my underwear out of a cat's stomach.)

And don't forget to read the comments while you're there. Just be sure to swallow that mouthful of coffee before you do.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
3 Comments:
Blogger Melina said...
I miss my motley pack, here in NOLA on "vacation" ....you want stories of pulling unusual items from dog butts? hah...I got em;-)

I have yet to know a dog that wont go for a used feminine hygiene product in the garbage can...nor my best pair o' lace panties that I sprung for...

since I lean towards the tiny of the canine world, its unlikely that any will ever be ingested, but I do find stashes of interesting stuff hidden in beds...

Its just a small part of what makes them interesting and fantastic.
well worth the huge medical bills.
But then I have a pretty good plan at banfield;-)

I love Bassett Hounds.

Blogger Bartender Cabbie said...
I paid 700 bucks to get a shoe string removed from my cat once. It was not my idea but I was informed that we were taking the cat down to the vet and then informed that we would be paying for the surgery. That was 12 years ago and the cat is still with us.

Blogger Bartender Cabbie said...
Well here is a coincidence. I have been informed just now that we are taking the same cat today to one of those expensive vets that is located in one of those chain stores because she apparently is not feeling well and running a temperature. Only vet we can find open on Sunday. Yea.