"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Friday, March 12, 2010

Massa; Tickling as Abuse
Posted by Melina | 10:20 PM

I hate to break my perfect silence here, but I have something to say. With all the crap flying round my life, I am happy to report that I knew little of this Massa issue that is buzzing in the background everywhere I go. But there is one thing that Ive been hearing, that has been sticking out and gnawing at me, and its making me pretty crazy: ticklefight...it was only a ticklefight.

Whatever really happened in this case that seems to have caught the attention of the main stream media, I haven't heard anyone commenting on the fact that tickling someone until they cant breathe is, in fact, abuse. Tickling children is abusive bullying and besides siblings going through phases of evenly matched tickling, its not something that people really do anymore. There is something inherently sexual in tickling, and there is a dominance issue, considering that its actually painful. I don't think that people should do this to anyone who isn't a willing participant, and to hear an adult talking about something like this is downright creepy
That's all, really....Massa is a freak and he belongs on the supermarket checkout news, not the national news!

On the other hand, as Larry O'Donnell just said on Countdown, he gave the comedians of the world a huge gift with the funniest sex scandal ever. I haven't laughed out loud like this since I don't know when. Maybe I have to start paying attention again.

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Sour Gropes
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorHealth Care Reform


at least to Jon Stewart...

c/p RIPCoco

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share