"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Friday, February 12, 2010

Dispatch from the Department of Duh
Posted by Jill | 9:10 PM
And these are the people that Beltway pundits are calling a grassroots movement of ordinary Americans:
he Massachusetts man charged this week with stockpiling weapons after saying he feared an imminent "Armageddon" appears to have been active in the Tea Party movement, and saw Sarah Palin, who he said is on a "righteous 'Mission from God,'" as the only figure capable of averting the destruction of society.

As we reported yesterday, Gregory Girard, a Manchester technology consultant, was found with a stash of military grade weapons, explosive devices including tear gas and pepper ball canisters, camouflage clothing, knives, handcuffs, bulletproof vests and helmets, and night vision goggles, say police. They believe Girard, who pleaded not guilty at his arraignment, was "preparing for domestic and political turmoil," and feared martial law would soon be imposed.

Girard's wife said her husband had recently told her: "Don't talk to people, shoot them instead," and "it's fine to shoot people in the head because traitors deserve it."

In the linked article, police said that Girard "feared Armageddon." Now I'm confused. Aren't these Jeebofascists supposed to WANT Armageddon? Isn't that what Sarah Palin's Israel flags are all about -- bringing about the Battle of Armageddon so that she and the First Dude and all their children can be Raptured to sit and eat nachos at the right hand o'Jesus while we heathen down here get all their stuff?

Yes, this would-be domestic terrorist (funny how Republicans don't seem to think guys like this are a threat), spouts standard teabagger boilerplate crap:
I have studied the "National Security Force," which is Obama's name for the secret police force he is creating. I have read the new law that gives them the right to operate as an extension of the DoD, carrying firearms, and executing search warrants, executing arrest warrants, and the like. Needless to say, it's a secret police force of some kind, and it appears likely to be created from inner city youths.

This is Sarah Palin's people. This is the Tea Party Convention. This is whom the Republican Party is cozying up to. When I was a kid, these people were called the John Birch Society and they were pretty much regarded as fringe nutballs. Today they are the Republican Party.

Or does pointing out this reality make me "condescending"?

(BIG h/t)

Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share
2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
From 1966 till early 1969, I was an active demonstrator at antiwar rallies. I signed petitions. I helped with the phone banks organizing the big demonstrations.

I was a total conservative.

When the Freedom of Information Act was filed, a girlfriend said I ought to file for my FB lying I file.

I doubted there would be anything in it, but I filed. Took forever to come.
Rough guess, at least 2 FB lying I agents wasted their time trying to find out who was this young guy with a flaptop haircut, clean shaved, wearing pressed slacks and shirt, polished shoes and a tie. Pictures of me from every angle.

I was simply a conservative who opposed the war. If they had simply asked me who I was, they wouldn't have had to spend all of that money playing spy.

Also, they never did identify me until I dropped "the movement." I'm sure. due to the report, that an informant filed that I was identified by the "biggest radical" on the campus of a large state university.

After I got out of the service, I had the Feebs after me for years. I moved a lot, established phony but excellent multiple IDs in various states, drivers licenses, car registrations, employment records, etc.

I finally connected to the Feebs when I stumbled on a dealer's wife who was scared. He had disappeared. His younger brother who was in an outlaw outlaw biker gang with his older brother, thee leader, had told her husband of a double rape/murder on federally controlled property.

I grabbed wife, children, mother and went to another state. Traded in a perfect bargaining chip of a double murder/rape, just to find out that the Feeb's want to hire me to go undercover into various federal agencies and look for corruption. That really pissed me off.

Anonymous mandt said...
"was found with a stash of military grade weapons, explosive devices including tear gas and pepper ball canisters, camouflage clothing, knives, handcuffs, bulletproof vests and helmets, and night vision goggles" So,? Big deal---sounds like your typical South-of-Market Halloween leather party SF.