"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Monday, April 06, 2009

It's a Family Guy world
Posted by Jill | 6:48 AM
Look, I laugh sometimes at Family Guy too, even though Seth McFarlane doesn't always know when to stop. Often the show goes too far and stops becoming edgy and becomes simply ugly and repulsive. I guess you could say that good satire is supposed to make you uncomfortable, but I'm not sure that he's clear enough when Peter beats on and insults his daughter Meg, or when Quagmire extols the virtues of rohypnol, that it's social commentary, if indeed it even is.

Still...it's a cartoon, and it's about pushing the envelope. But I don't even know what to say about this:


Labels:

Bookmark and Share
2 Comments:
Anonymous Charlie O said...
Hilarious!

Blogger mommasboy said...
I'm a guy that keeps his hedge trimmed, Perhaps they should have put a few men in the ad?