"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Monday, January 12, 2009

I Wouldn't Worry About Popularity ...
Posted by Melina | 3:25 PM
Hey, you could try to be popular for solving problems or making the world better, but when you've got a rapture to prepare for, well, just hang in the bubble for a little while longer and maybe you can ignite Armageddon in your few remaining days....



In a mind boggling last presser today, soon-to-be-ex President Bush contradicted himself more times and faster than you can say pundits and opinionators, leaving those of us who were unlucky enough to be home, stuck in a cycle of rewinding and winding to try to figure out if he really said that...or that...or that...
Just click in at any point and prepare to be disgusted and relieved that he's leaving. I still can't even wrap my mind around whats happened in the past 8 years, but I know that it has hurt this country and the world, and the specifics of it will be winding and rewinding like these last words to the press.
For specific deconstruction of the final presser tune in to Maron v Seder's Break Room
where you can catch the replay of the opinionating all day, and then browse the archives for the rest!...Jetpack Engage!




I mean, you wouldn't want to be "hauled up in front of Congress" or anything...
My God, we can only hope and pray.

I think I'll have to wait for Jill to get home from her day-job to sort this out for me...maybe Drifty (go vote for him!) can illustrate it in pictures; I was gonna use all my photoshop pictures of Bush as a clown, but then I know some real clowns and I don't want to sully their name(s) by superimposing the evil clown thing onto the psychopath in chief....

c/p RIPCoco

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share