"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, December 25, 2008

So what do the Brilliants do for Christmas?
Posted by Jill | 6:05 PM
Well, first we try to find something to watch on TV that isn't nauseating while we have coffee. Then I make a few feeble attempts at blogging, a few more at cleaning, then a few more at still trying to decide whether to go with Garmin or Tomtom for our GPS-to-Be (I'm leaning towards the Garmin Nuvi 265T, because most of what I want it for is traffic reports and how to detour around jackknifed tractor-trailers on Route 46). Then in the early afternoon it looked something like this:




...only in a nicer place, and the duck looked more like this.

Then we came home and I initiated Mr. Brilliant into the wonderful world of Scrabble. I haven't played since college, but despite a valiant effort by Mr. B, the teachings I gained in childhood, in which I probably played against my father 1,476 times and only won once, served me in good stead. At 83, he still does the New York Times crossword puzzle every Sunday. In ink. Completely finished. Before noon. Every single damn week.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share