"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Monday, November 17, 2008

Time to cancel your Newsweek subscription
Posted by Jill | 9:17 PM
Here's why.

With threats against Barack Obama's life already rising as a result of Sarah Palin whipping her frothing minions into a frenzy, why on earth would a major publication print something like this?

My subscription runs until August 2014, and I just sent a letter cancelling it.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share
8 Comments:
Blogger prin said...
see, a few days ago i just decided to not post anything more about it. it only adds fuel to the flames. it only keeps the idiots stirred up and it really, really scares me to think of what they will do when they get really stirred up or really frightened about all that they have read and not understood. so please can we have a moratorium on the "let's kill obama because he's evil" stuff? you cannot reason with mules.

Blogger Mauigirl said...
That is disgraceful, irresponsible journalism. You are right to cancel them.

I don't get Newsweek but will try to write to them and protest it.

Blogger Cujo359 said...
Why did they write this? This is the state of journalism as it's practiced in America. Appeal to the morons who see signs and portents in broken crockery and Jesus or Mary in pancakes.

At least that article seemed a little skeptical.

I haven't even read Newsweek in years, and the last time I did it was because I was in a waiting room somewhere, and everyone had scarfed up the People magazines already. The chicks are usually hotter in People.

Blogger Tata said...
I wrote 'em. There's no point in pretending we're gonna party like it's 1099.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I've been calling that magazine "NewLESSweek" for ages now. I had no idea they were aspiring to be Fox News in print. Good grief.

Blogger Bert Chadick said...
The Stoopid! It burns!

Blogger Unknown said...
>
Time to cancel your Newsweek subscription


Way ahead of the curve here. I did that 24 years ago.

Blogger Rhode Island Rules said...
Cancel subscriptions to all main stream media. I canceled Time and Newsweek years ago when they started to become thinner and when they became slanted. I no longer get my newspapers either. No corporate media for me as they have all been castrated. I want the truth or some very close version of it. Journalism was always designed to ferret out the truth and challenge the powers to be, now they suck up to them to be allowed to reprint their press releases verbatim.

I am a fan of the independent media online and that is why the powers want to shut down access to the net. The lowly people communicating without interference? The mobs learning the truth about how the powers are screwing us? Too dangerous. I am ever watchful of the independents though and I do not want them bought out by the same powers.

The net made a huge difference in this election and if we can keep it open and keep it going it will continue to make the world a smaller, safer place. When normal humans can reach across the aisle and discover how much we have in common and how much we have been oppressed by the maniacs who tend to rise on our passivity, the more we can form a stable force for the future.