"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Monday, November 03, 2008

Get Out and Vote! Odds and Ends from a Long Campaign...
Posted by Melina | 11:35 PM


Yeah, Ive been disgusted by the self important youngsters questioning Obama's experience, or the rich folks and their tax cut concerns....like, not that they need 'em, but they just sorta like 'em!
Vote, and not just for the free coffee at Starbucks...I wonder if you have to show them your purple thumb to get that coffee...and heaven knows that some of you will no doubt have to stand in line for a long time so may need the coffee.
My thoughts are with those voters who will wait on lines, including my Mom (though she has that uncanny ability to get up really early ad be there before the line forms!)
My thoughts are also with voters who will be blindsided by questions that are misleading at best (that was, vote NO to question one in CT!!)
Bring your camera/phone/camcorder....

For your party, Bill Maher has kindly provided a party pack including a coloring map to follow along with the ice rink at Rockefeller Center, and special libation recipes to grease the wheels. Check the printout buttons and name tags...This pack is a must for every election party.

...and remember, Maron v Seder will be broadcasting live at around 9PM here. They're also on, you know, weekdays at 3PM, so tomorrow is a double!

The Seditionist blog will have a chat, which I may or may not drop in on depending on what time I get home. The link will be posted here and there.

At this point, it looks good, but I'm not counting my...well, you know...

Ben Afflek did a really funny Keith Olbermann on Saturday Night Live this past weekend...its long but pretty damned funny...if you catch nothing else, check out the special comment towards the end:



For your nervous snacking pleasure, I think its OK to finally eat those Obama heads that you've been saving in the fridge






A dutch company came up with these, and because of overwhelming interest produced the head in white as well as dark chocolate.
The McCain head only came in white chocolate...and for the life of me I cant find the link to the place that was selling them; they're obsolete anyway after tomorrow....Ill keep looking for it.






What am I gonna do with this? I guess she goes down to the shelf in the basement with the Spice Girl dolls,

and Cher...We call it "mom's collection" but I wonder if I'm ever really gonna get around to that eBay listing thing I've been planning for so many months now.














I'd like to send a big shout out to the Freeway Blogger who has managed to take blogging to the next level during this nightmare and reach more people than we could imagine. I hope that he continues his work and that his followers keep on going too...I'm seeing a bit of it around here even, so...its working as a great way to get the word out. Is it possible that we may be looking at the end of our long national nightmare...?
Good luck to us all...At some point some little bit of insight and logic has to dawn around the edges of things...right?


Great thanks to Colbert and Stewart for their part in opening some eyes out there!
And as always, Olbermann himself....

More to come...stay tuned...

c/p RIPCoco

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
i can't help thinking it's awesome that there has been such long lines all over... people taking a greater interest in public issues is always a good thing