"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Monday, November 10, 2008

Four More Years
Posted by Jill | 9:20 PM
No, I'm not talking about Barack Obama. I'm talking about Keith Olbermann:

Reuters:
Just because Barack Obama has been elected president and George W. Bush is retiring to Texas in two months, don't think that Keith Olbermann is getting out of the "Special Comment" business.

Olbermann, who signed a four-year deal with MSNBC that will keep him at "Countdown" and NBC's "Sunday Night Football" until at least 2012, said Monday that he isn't ruling out doing the commentary that has helped vault his 5-year-old show to its best-ever ratings last month.

It may not be the same type -- directed at President Bush, Sen. John McCain and others who have drawn Olbermann's ire -- but there's plenty to comment on.

"There could be just as many of them this year and next year, but they might be just directed at topics. They may be more commentary and less 'free this land' kind of stuff, but you never know," Olbermann said. "I have no idea what Obama is going to do in office. I have no earthly clue. I mean I have a guess, but I can't predict it."

But the contract extension for Olbermann -- which gives him about $7.5 million a year for the next four years, up from $4 million a year -- means that MSNBC thinks there's plenty to talk about. Monday night's special comment was to be directed against the Californians who successfully voted for Prop. 8, the controversial measure banning gay marriage in the state. There's also a favorite Olbermann target, Bill O'Reilly.

"Bill just signed for four more years, thus guaranteeing me at least that much material," Olbermann said.


And what a way to usher them in:



Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
3 Comments:
Blogger Jennifer said...
Go Keith! I don't watch him so thanks for posting this video.

I will never understand the resistance to same-sex marriage.

How does that affect me? Not at all.

How does it undermine "traditional" marriage. Not at all.

I wish people could get past the fear - because it is about fear, after all.

We all deserve to marry the one we love and have (and adopt) children and live our lives the best way we know how. What's so scary about that?

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Chimpy may be gone, but Boehner, McConnell, Blunt, and the rest of the old 'tard gang aren't going anywhere. Someone will need to keep an eye on them.

Blogger alan eagle said...
Dear Rachel Madow...cheney and bush reiterate that since 911 we were not hit on their watch...we should answer that the terrorists are nuts but they are not stupid,,,,90% of americans want us out of the middle east, why would they reawaken our anger of 911, if they know we want out of the middle east,,so it has nothing to do with their watch .thank you alan eagle