"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Friday, September 26, 2008

Blaming the Negroes
Posted by Jill | 10:54 PM
First it was Neal Cavuto blaming the credit crisis on minorities buying houses they couldn't afford. Now that disgusting, racist meme is infecting the entire right wing like a virus.

As Glenn Greenwald notes, Mark Krikorian in the National Review reprints a Washington Mutual press release pointing out its awards for diversity and titles his post, "Cause and Effect?" -- the assumption being that because WaMu was diverse, that's the reason it failed.

It says something deeply sick about our country that this is regarded in ANY circles as acceptable discourse in the year 2008.

I just finished watching the debate, and it seemed to me that the room was lit to make Barack Obama look darker than he is.

Watching the mean, cranky, psychotic, puny little man that is John McCain, who even with his wife's $100 million won't get himself a decent set of teeth, playing the POW card, telling outright lies, clenching his jaw as if he were wishing it was still legal to string up black men, and finishing up with a rant about experience, as if his running mate wasn't the biggest embarrassment in American political history, I was once again reminded that this election is a referendum on all of us. It's a referendum on whether we are still such a racist country that we are willing to elect such a vile, corroded, soulless excuse for a human being, and his willfully ignorant, religiously insane running mate, simply because their skin is white.

And I fear terribly that we are.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
3 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Obama kicked ass!

Yeah, why can't McCain get his teeth fixed? I mean, he's got the money and the insurance. If that room was lit to make Obama darker (he looked great to me), it sure had the effect of making McCain's teeth look even more disgusting!

Blogger Brown Man said...
I think J Mac is suffering from "electile dysfunction". Politicians used to be to embarrassed to talk about it, but now there's help.

"Are You Suffering From Electile Dysfunction?"

Somebody at The Field Nego hipped me to your site. What I think one of us needs to do is podcast a panel of political junkies who talk the way we write on our blogs. "cause I am getting mighty tired of this "peeking from behind my fingers" kind of reporting going on. I mean, I know they've gotta sell that soap, but damn! Can we get SOMEBODY who can say what we all see?

I'm getting an oxygen tank for Thursday, just in case I laugh myself silly.

Blogger Unknown said...
OTOH, I saw John McCain on Rachel Ray's show recently showing how to make his barbecue ribs. I tried it out last weekend, and they really are good!!