"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Now playing at the Hell Plaza Octoplex
Posted by Jill | 9:31 AM
Esquire has retired the Dubious Achievement Awards, so I can appropriate that moniker.

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present:

"Weenies", written and directed by Lower Manhattanite, and starring John and Cindy McCain, Chris Matthews, Candy Crowley, and "Smokin'" Joe Scarborough.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
3 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
LM is a treasure. He would throw up a comment at Steve Gilliard's place and all Steve could say was 'Dude, you really need your own blog'. Please do yourself a favor and find his posts about fish tacos and 'Do You Understand Where You Are?'. They are true classics.

mikefromtexas

Blogger Jill said...
Oh, I'm well aware of what a treasure LM is, and I'm especially aware of "Do You Understand Where You Are." I think I linked to that piece not too long ago; it's the best post on race I've ever read.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Sorry, I'm a little new to your site. It's a daily stop now. I really enjoy your work.