"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, February 14, 2008

Around the Blogroll and Elsewhere
Posted by Jill | 6:52 AM
Because I haven't done one in a while, it's Thursday, and I ain't got shit to do, seeing as I've taken some rare days off from work this week to try and gain some control over the massive amounts of clutter I've accumulated and trying to discard things in a semi-green way. Today I'm burning about 2-1/2 gallons of fossil fuel taking massive amounts of packing styrofoam to a company that turns it into toy stuffing, and I'm trying to decide whether to take the dozen or so pieces of clothing I bought in a frenzy of madness a few years ago, thinking I would eventually do the massive cutting and hemming required when you're 4'10" and buy regular length clothes, to the local cat rescue thrift shop or shlep another 50 miles each way on Saturday to take them to Dress for Success.

Pam weighs in on Tweety's new man-crush. So does TRex.

Denny Wilkins at Scholars and Rogues has some things to say about Hillary Clinton failing to show up for the FISA vote.

William K. Wolfrum points out that it's George W. Bush who's the lying terrorist.

Wow. I thnk Skippy has a record here for Longest. Comment. Ever.

I'm not sure I agree that party über alles is such a great thing, but PhysioProf makes a good point about living by the rules, and if superdelegates are the rules, well then we have to live with them till we change the way things are done.

Where Congress is concerned, John Cole speaks for me. So does Ornery Bastard.

You'd think American Idol would get tired of screeching pop divas after a while, but I guess not, which is one of many reasons I refuse to watch it. But jurassicpork has a point. This kid is really good. Click over and give him a listen.

And finally, those of you who wondered what the foodfight was all about that caused me to turn comment moderation on, declare the party over and tell everyone to go home because they've had entirely too much to drink, well, they've opened their own Fight Club. Please note that simply by posting this, I may have to turn comment moderation back on.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
4 Comments:
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...
if politics and general news are leaving a bad taste in your mouth i have several posts of truffles, truffles, truffles

it's how i am managing to keep a fingernail hold on sanity.

Blogger Phil said...
Why thank you so much!
Sometimes I have to let it all hang out and get it out of my system, this seems to be happening with more frequency.
I believe there is some connection with any activity at all in the halls of Congress.

I hope you enjoyed your down time today, there never seems to be enough of that anymore either!

Blogger Phil said...
Wow, that vent your spleen place must have already had Mutually Assured Destruction happen, all I get is a white screen!
Lol.

Blogger jurassicpork said...
Thanks for giving the kid a shout-out, Jill. I wish I could meet him. He's fascinating and unforgivably talented.