"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Monday, December 17, 2007

Around the blogroll and elsewhere
Posted by Jill | 8:47 AM
I'm home today, coughing my lungs out in day seven of the bug that circulated around my department at work and landed with me last Tuesday. Apparently the cough is the last gasp (so to speak) of this thing, and it's brutally cold out, and I don't even dare step outside. I'm also feeling uninspired today, so let's take you to some people who provide good reading today:

Lower Manhattanite has the dish on the Rachel Maddow/MSNBC rumors (with extremely cool and funny accompanying image), and as you'd expect, the Penis Posse at the Peacock is not at all happy.

Digby prognosticates that a Democratic 44th president will find that all of a sudden, the press will obligingly investigate every rumor and call for hearings and impeachment for every scandal the wingnuts decide to pull out of their collective asses, whether real or imagined. Those pesky facts with their liberal bias will once again have Real Paid Journalists™ on the case.

Chris in Paris likes what he's hearing from John Edwards. (Pssst....please...don't tell Chris Edwards is a baby boomer. His operating system may crash.)

DistributorcapNY calls bullshit on Mr. Christian himself, Andy Pettite. (And on an unrelated topic, but speaking of Mr. Christian, run out immediately and pick up a copy of the January issue of Vanity Fair. Get it just for the fascinating article on the rape trials of Pitcairn Islanders, and keep it for the real lowdown on Rudy Giuliani's business dealings, which goes far to explain why he really wanted Bernie Kerik to head up Homeland Security.)

Rep. Robert Wexler climbs on board the impeachment bandwagon. Want to see the brakes put on Cheney? Forget about Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi, they sold their souls long ago, though Ed Waldo still has hope. Get on board the impeachment train here.

When I read Carrie's posts like this one about the job situation in Michigan, I see New Jersey's future.

I kind of like the idea of the LOLCat Bible Translation Project: Larisa Alexandrovna reminds us to call Sen. Chris Dodd's office today and support his filibuster of the bill providing retroactive immunity to Big Telco for its illegal spying activities at the best of the Bush Administration. He's also taking suggestions for reading material.

Driftglass celebrates a holiday I can get into: Zappadan.

Everyone's a critic (except me, at least not anymore, which is good because I seem to be the only person on earth not completely enamored with No Country for Old Men): Skippy reviews Sweeney Todd and I'm Not There.

Barbara's excellent essay on The Parameters of Religion is one of those that makes me wish I was independently wealthy so I had time to read more blogs every day.

If wingnuts can spread rumors like "Barack Obama is really a Muslim", then let's spread some of our own. William K. Wolfrum gets you started. Have fun!

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
1 Comments:
Blogger Melina said...
Welcome back, girl!!
MSNBC!! I love it, I love it!! and I knew it, I knew it!!
I hope to god that Tucks asswipe is followed shortly by his great friends Morning Joe and Tweety Matthews! (and don't let the door hit Willie Giest in the ass on the way out either!)
What a world it could be if media were a little more balanced, huh?

Did you see Drifty's piece on lower manhanttanite's piece on writing? ...Fantastic!
Another great ATB, and IM not even half done with it!!