"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Friday, October 05, 2007

Somewhere in the Great Beyond, Steve Gilliard is laughing
Posted by Jill | 9:54 PM



A good Christian boy like Andy Pettite must have thought it was one of the seven plagues of Revelation, as a swarm of gnats took over the infield out at Jacobs Field in Cleveland. It wasn't locusts, but it might as well have been, as the swarms tormented the Yankees' much-touted rookie reliever Joba Chamberlain. No matter how much I would love to see the Yankees get swept in four games, I had to feel badly for Chamberlin. My neck was itching just watching all those gnats alight on his neck. I just hope the fans don't give him too much shit in game 3 about looking more like Nuke Laloosh out there than the Heir Apparent to Mariano's Throne.

This was the wildest eighth and ninth innings I've ever seen not played by guys in blue-and-orange hats. And in the end, Luis Vizcaino gave up the winning run to Cleveland in the 11th.

Eff the effing Yankees.

Phillies and Yankers both come home down two games to none in their division series. Sweet. I'm rooting for a Rockies/Indians World Series, myself.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share